Old 08-09-2005, 08:46 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
For $300K...lots of options. I have been looking further southeast myself for property just to get out of the city. But what I have found is about 5-7 acres with house and barn for about $270K. (Elizabeth, Franktown). Nice area, rolling hills and lots of trees....but about 20 miles from Denver itself, but with the growth, there is always a store within a few minutes. However, from the mountains, it’s about 50 miles. I think you would need to start looking in the Jefferson County area. West Arvada is also a nice area with some homes with property.

If you have any probs finding something, let me know and I can send you some listings since I am looking myself. I live on the east side of town, but work on the west. SO I am starting to change my searches to the west side of town. Although I am looking for something around $240K or less, I can expand the search for some properties that may interest you.

Depending on where you live and where you work, you may or may not run into the traffic. There is allot of construction going on now in the Denver Metro area, (T-REX), so yes it does get congested but they are also putting in more Light Rail, (Mass transit), to help ease the traffic. Nice areas and some not so nice but that is the same as anywhere else. The good part is that you are close to the mountains. I can drive for about 30 minutes and be at a trailhead for playing off road. In the winter there is always skiing, snowmobiling, and of course...more off roading. Hunting is great here if you are into that. (I am), and there are some great lakes for boating, fishing and allot of camping areas. Year round playground.

Let me know! Email me from the link in my profile and I will send you a good email address.