Old 08-08-2005, 10:38 PM
motoracer51
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want to move to Colorado, have some questions....

I've been going out there skiing for about 10 years now, and have always dreamt about moving there.

The cost of living here, on Long Island, NY, are killing me. Taxes are approaching $16,000/yr. Gas is touching $3.00/gal for diesel, and everything seems overpriced. Well, now I live in a 5,500sq/ft monster of a house. I grew up in it, and my parents left it to me, but it is just toooo much. I'd much rather have something like 2,600sq/ft, which seems more than enough, especially it just being me, and maybe a large garage since I like messing around with "things".

I've been looking at Pueblo, Colorado Springs, Durango, Ft. Collins, and Grand Junction

1. What kind of house/property can one get with $300k?

2. What are the winters like there? Is there massive traffic/congestion?

3. Out of the cities that I mentioned, which one has the greatest facility to major necessities. I.E. major hospital, airport, shopping.

I'm into Mountain Biking, Skiing ( I have a time share for two weeks in Winter Park), Dirt Bikes, Sport Bikes, and would love to be able to get into rock climbing, rafting, shooting, hunting,etc.

I'm also interested in getting some additional property close by ( 2 hours away). Acreage in the 50-100 range. What area would be closest to what I want and still be affordable?

Anything you guys that have expierence with moving/living out there, please chip in.

Thanks any/all help!!!!

John

ETA: I'm also going to be attending a college for my Bachelors in Business Admin. If you can also reccomend good schools within the state I'd be forever gratefull