Thread: Roof repair
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2005, 09:15 AM
fp_5
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Thanks Greg, I have a mig welder and I am getting better at welding but I am not a proffessional. Just self taught.
I managed to take a few pics. As you can see things don't look so good and I think I'll find a couple more holes under the windshield rubber. My cab corners are ok put if I don't stop the leaks I will lose my floors soon.
My initial intention was just to replace the drip rail section from the drip rail up to the contour crease where the roof goes horizontal. I managed to find a decent roof at wreckers. It was the best one I could find and when I removed the windshield I found holes that weren't visible when I first looked at it.

Now I'm thinking, it may be easier to patch up and prep the donor roof in the garage and then put the whole skin on. This way I could hide most of the welds. How easy is it to "peel" the skin off? I don't want to completely hack off my roof at the A pillars like I did to the donor truck.
Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

NEW Roof. I'm not too thrilled about the lights but I might grow to like the look since you don't see too many on an F100.