View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 02:57 PM
Hello
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wayfastwhitey
I was reading on this forum and read that the 7.3 gets the full fuel loop at 17 psi of boost, and any more boost and it de-fuels, if this is true and I am running 25 psi on full throttle can I make my own MAP tricker? I know that you can buy one but will a homemade boost controller for a gas motor work? I have one that is simply constructed out of a swivel cut-off ball valve with hose barbs on each side. Could I construct one that would only allow 17 psi through it? would this even be worth it? would I gain HP or Torque or what with full fuel past 17 psi? or would the tricker have to be more complicated than a ball valve?
Just thinking
Brad
At 17 psi of boost the computer is at 100% of it's fuel map. So it is delivering all the fuel that the stock injectors can produce. You do not need a valve that blows off at a higher number than 20 lbs. Now if you got a tuner, it will still deliver the max at 17psi, but at a higher pressure. Then you will develop even more boost if you can supply more air. Otherwise you get a lot of smoke. If you construct one just set it at 20 psi.
If you make one from a regulator it may be slow to repond to the MAP sensor so you will not get enough fuel at the exact moment you need it since it takes time to catch up. So you can have the boost up to 20 psi, and the MAP sensor only sees 10 psi and rising. You get less fuel then. A BRV may be the best because it is accurate.

Last edited by Hello; 07-18-2005 at 03:25 PM.