Old 06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Fordsinmygarage
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I disconnected the battery last night, so I'll have to wait for the codes to pop again.

I went to Autozone and had them reread the code and he said that it said it had 2 codes running lean on both banks.

When it starts, it runs really rough (idle up and down almost stalling) for a couple minutes, but then evens out - no misfires. No other drivability issues. It runs great.

Last week when I was driving home, the engine was missing badly and within a couple of minutes the check engine light started flashing. That code (misfire 4,5,6) prompted the plug/wire change.

Initially I couldn't get the plug out closest to the firewall on the passenger side and after changing the other 5, I took it for a short drive and it ran very rough (idle up and down) and the check engine light came on solid (not flashing).

After reading how to get that last plug, pulling the front tire and splash guard, I got it easily changed out and took it to my neighbor to read the code

He told me that I had definitely fixed the misfire problem in that it was running very well. He reset the code - lean on Bank 1

Drove it approximately 15 miles to work yesterday and the code came back on. On my way home I stopped at autozone and he said it was lean on both banks. On his suggestion, I disconnected the battery for 5 minutes last night - he seemed to think that the computer might be compensating for the old worn plugs and this would reset that? Seems like a stretch to me, but I'm quite the novice.

Haven't driven it today, so no code yet.

Thanks for the help and insight.

Last edited by Fordsinmygarage; 06-30-2005 at 12:13 PM.