View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 09:04 PM
001-F DORF
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firesoutmatt,
I have the feeling that you're using B-20 instead of B-100 as was suggested on the show. There is a difference. What method do you use to make it?

The intent of my posts were not to slam bio... I have a problem with the super simple view of making bio that was presented. They kinda left out a few things that makes it more of a hassle, but then I've been there, done that.

One more thing, my son is a county cop and warned me about buying and having large amounts of the ingredients in my garage for making bio...could be mistaken as running a meth lab. The way that they're busting meth labs around here lately I'm glad that I gave it up.

Also let me clear up the filter statements that I made, this is for the first few times that you try B-100, it will clean the fuel system. After that the filters last as long as diesel.

There was nothing wrong with my equipment or system, in fact the only thing I would change is a recovery system for the methanol. A bad batch of WVO made me decide that it was more trouble than it was worth. It's something that can happen fairly easily.

One last note on this subject, my wife helped me make bio, she went with me to get the WVO, she helped with the tritration, the mixing of the catalyst, in fact she helped with every aspect.
She also watched the show and before I could say anything she laughed and said that the Fuelmeister was like what I built. She also said that they left out some of the hardest parts. When I looked up the price of the Fuelmeister and told her she flipped.