View Single Post
Old 06-01-2005, 02:09 PM
yooper00
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BioDiesel Performance

Anyone running BioDiesel? I have been researching this a little since some law makers in Michigan are proposing to mandate the swap to this fuel from regualr diesel. All I have seen in my research is verbage saying biodiesel performs "similar" to regular diesel in regards to horsepower and torque. What does similar mean? They dont seem to want to back up their claims with actual numbers on HP and torque. They have all sorts of numbers on emissions, but none on engine performance. They also claim this fuel has been tested for millions and millions of miles...if so why cant they provide me with some before and after dyno curves or something. If I was in charge of testing this stuff....that is the first thing I would do.

Just to say "similar" is a little vague. Am I going to lose 20 or 100 ft/lbs of torque, or gain 50 ft/lbs???

If anyone is running this stuff...can you give me your opinion on engine performance since you started using it...and what blend you use. Has anyone dyno tested with this stuff?