View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 09:02 PM
2Stock
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!

I have added a picture to the album with the VVA removed. It includes what I assume to be a solenoid but I am not sure because I am used to electrical solenoids. In the picture I have identified the different ports and what markings they have. The line that goes to the 's' port on the back of the VVA has a yellow tag. The one that goes to the 'v' port has a blue tag. The one that is marked 'o' goes to the solenoid and then to the EGR valve. The port marked 'r' goes to the resivoir. I have noted that the 'v' goes to the back of the carb (Autolite 2150). The 's' goes to a tee that goes to the carb on the choke side and to the top port on the front PVS. I don't know if the inline can shaped one way valve is in the right place. I noticed that it says 'DIST' on the white side.

I can't say for sure that this is hooked up the way it should be. I have owned the vehicle since 1981 and I had a rebuilt 400 ci engine installed by a friend in about 1989. Other than that I am the only one who has ever worked on it. I have long been bothered by some irritating problems that I attribute to vacuum routing but I never have found a good source of information so I have been living with it. The problem is that, after it warms up, it does not idle smoothly. I have also noticed that it will not kick back out of 2nd gear when I let off the accelerator after flooring it. I want to get these things smoothed out soon because I plan on selling it and I hate to take a hit on the price when the problem is so small.

I appreciate any advice you can give me.