View Single Post
Old 05-18-2005, 01:29 AM
soulpatchfr
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a welder is my next major tool purchase (bachelorhood has a few benefits ). i was really impressed with the service & assistance at Arcet (Euclid Rd, just off VB Blvd near Witchduck in VB / a Lincoln dealer) when i was shopping around... check them out, Steve.
Sick - i will be bugging you for advice soon, as i know next to nothing, but need to learn (anyone ever bought a rustbucket '79 Scout II for $200?).

sandblasting? i have a smaller cabinet than Bob. a Northern job, but it works for me. i did have decent results with a cup-shaped wire brush on my DeWalt grinder when i repainted my bed recently - maybe that would work on the frame? tedious, but not as bad as you'd think. i bet a couple of guys could strip that frame in a few hours now that it's "naked"... 'course i'm just thinking out loud... how much beer do you have at home, anyway?

since your original "anybody working on their trucks lately" question ignores the bulk of our "to do" lists, i won't bring up the '66 Riviera i need to get out of the garage & on the road...

Frank