View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 01:12 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silver Streak
I don't even waste money on bait anymore. I just throw a lead weight out and reel it back in. Gets me the same results I get by using $50 worth of wierd looking lures.
That sounds like snagging for Spoonbills. I haven't tried that method. I hear that some of those fish get really big. I wonder if they're good eatin'?

Stan and I made it out to Skiatook yesterday for a couple hours. The were biting ok. Nothing fantastic. I got two eatin size white bass and I'm proud to say I caught my First Walleye!!! I didn't know what it was until I started to put my thumb in the mouth and realized that I was feeling some sharp teeth. I don't think it was close enough to the 18 inch minimum so I didn't keep that one. Two other guys that came out at the same time pulled in a couple of maybe 3 to 5 pound Stripers.

My biggest thrill was a fish that had my pole about bent in half and fought for a few seconds until......it broke my monofilament line. It was strong enough to break my 8-10lb line. So there is an important lesson==make sure you have your drag set properly before each fishing trip. I'm still kicking myself for that but am still enjoying the fact that I caught one of those beautiful Walleyes!