View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 11:13 AM
MustangGT221
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It's got a MAF conversion kit, not sure if you're familiar with it, but it gives you a new overlay harness containing 8 injector plugs, and the MAF plug, it has a double sided 60 pin connector that sandwiches between the computer and the original 60 pin connector. I'm not sure how the grounds work, but each injector has 3 wires on it, instead of the original 2. I do have a test light, and I'm going to test the injector wires soon. Good thinking on the grounds, I may have to try and figure out how its wired, not really sure. Do you know where the EEC gets it's ground??

The MAF kit ran my old 302, and it ran the guys' truck who I bought it from...so i duno...

I can also move a fuel injector to another cylinder. Say I swap the #8 and #5 injectors. 5 should be working, and 8 currently doesn't, so if I swap them, and it changes, then bad injector. If #8 cyl continues to fail, then it's not the injector itself.

I'm also having problems getting the KOER test to work...

The KOEO test works fine. I have it setup with a test light, and when trying to perform the KOER test, the light will be on like it should. The book I have gives me instructions using a analog voltmeter, but I'm using a test light instead. It said I should have 12v, I have 9.6 on my digital. I tried to continue with the test anyway, and started the truck. I couldn't see any flashes indicating what cylinder engine it's working with (should have 4 flashes indicating 8 cyl i guess)...but about 5 seconds after i start the truck, the idle drops/changes...and it seems to be playing with the idle as if it's running the test. My book says it should do it's thing, then smooth out (computer suppose to change timing i guess), and flash the bulb to indicate code 10, to snap the throttle open, but i never see that flash. My book says once the test starts, it should be "several seconds" til the code 10, Ive had it going for 2 minutes or so and never see that flash to tell me to stab the throttle...its at normal operating temp too....so for whatever reason I can't get the KOER test to work either.