View Single Post
Old 05-07-2005, 10:15 PM
dilly54
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
new member but sounds like same problem

Hi there guys. This site has a lot of good information. I am new to this forum, but it sounds like I am having this same problem. I do not drive my 2000 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 that often. I have only put roughly 3,000 miles on it in the past 5 months. Last August I was getting a squeaking sound from what sounded like my front driver's side tire. I found out that it was the brake pads and replaced them and the sound went away.

Just two days ago I was driving my truck to a gas station to fill up and noticed that the squeaking noise has returned. It only happens when I am in forward motion. If the tire isn't moving the noise does not happen. However, the noise continues the entire drive wherever I go. I am a college student and I will be traveling 1500 miles to get back home, leaving in 3 days.

Is there anything else I can check in relative time, as I really don't have a place to live if I need serious mechanic work done. Or does the u-joint take a long time to replace? I do not have a garage so I can really only check stuff out in the parking lot of the college. Thanks for any information.