View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking May Fishing Reports

I took my 3yr old son, Blake, for his first fishing trip last Saturday. We went to one of the little ponds at the park outside the zoo. We were trying to catch some eatin size panfish. We didn't catch anything big but we did catch 5 or 6 little sunfish. Blake reeled in 2 or 3 of them on his Snoopy fishing pole. I'm so proud of my little man. He did great!!! He got his own worms from the container and brought them to me to put on the hook. Then when he caught a fish on his pole I helped him reel it in close to shore so he could finish reeling it onto the bank. Then I'd show him how to take the hook out by putting the fish in his hands while I took the hook out. Then he would put the fish back in the water by himself. The only time he cried was when the fish flopped out of his hands and into the water by itself. He cried because the fish wouldn't let him put it in the water. Very cool.

I hear that the hybrids are running near the damn on Skiatook. I'm gonna have to get my hooks wet again real soon!!

P.S. Mohawk Park surrounds the Tulsa Zoo and Golf Course. It has lots of parking, covered pavilions, barbecue stands, picnic tables, and a free little water park for the kids. It'd make for a nice family FTE get together.