View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 01:54 PM
Big Dually
Tuned
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
13MWZ Overall the 6.0 is a good engine. I have 18,600 trouble free miles. It 's very fast and very powerfull and fun to drive. There are a lot of users that come to this site looking for answers and advise for their truck. Most people that buy a truck and do not have issues don't come here. You never hear from them, as they are happy and have nothing to write or gripe about. With that being said, Ford sells more trucks than anyone else. A huge portion of those trucks are Diesels. So if Ford had a problem rate of say, 5% with their Diesels, that is a lot of problems. And all of those in the 5% range with issues, don't always need complete engine replacements. Most only need injector/turbo/sensors/re-flash etc, fixed or replaced to make them good again. This is only a sample, hypothitical example, I do not know the exact figures. There are a lot of people that come here and state false issues/or complain and they don't even own a Ford. We call them "trollers", they love to stir up the pot. Being that Ford sells more trucks than any car maker, this site has a huge following and is very popular. So it makes for a large target. It would be safe to say, that there are fewer and fewer issues with the 6.0. Not that all, or even most of the earler ones had problems. Like anything else, there are bugs with new releases. Buy a new 6.0, you'll be happy, it's a great truck, it's fast and fun to drive. Mine pulls like a 12 legged mule on steroids.

Be cool, come home soon and safe, and thank you for serving America!

Last edited by Big Dually; 05-02-2005 at 01:59 PM.