View Single Post
Old 05-02-2005, 10:52 AM
13MWZ
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Durability of the 6.0

Hey yall. I know how things work in these types of forums. A 'new guy' comes and asks a question and everybody piles on him about searching and reading old threads and such. Well please humor me. I'm in Iraq right now and my internet time is very limited and better used emailing family.
I had to sell my 97 F350 PSD shortly before we deployed. When I get home I'd like to buy a new(er) F350 4x4 dually. Manualy tranny of course. When the 6.0 first came out I heard a lot of bad things about it. I'm sure the problems have been addressed since then and it's probably a great engine now. My questions revolve around that ussumption. How is that motor doing now days? My trucks dont see much more towing than a small JD Tractor and a 4 horse trailer. Other than that it's a lot of highway miles.
My 97 PSD did the job without any fuss and was loads of fun to drive. If I go spend nearly $40k on a new truck can I honsestly expect the same durability with many complaintes (granted I dont grab hold of a lemon)? Are yall truley happy with your trucks. What are some common problems with them?
Thanks for yalls time and (hopefully) your willingness to help me find my answers without spending too much of my internet time browsing.