View Single Post
Old 05-01-2005, 09:36 AM
DrewFFRCobra
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the welcome George.

Yes, I've been working on a deal for a '50 that was about 1/2 completed, but it ended up being purchased by someone else while I was getting the family and funds lined up to buy the truck. This is going to be a present to my father (his first vehicle was a '48 F1) from my mother, brother, sister, and myself. I'm the lucky one who gets to do all the labor!

Now I am scanning around to find another truck. I've already looked at the FTE, BonusBuiltDotCom, e-Bay, and Collector Car Trader website classifieds. Picked up a hard copy of Hemmings last night too. Any other recommeded places to look?

Thanks for the insights. While I'm new to the F-1 scene, I'm not new to Fords, restoration work, or project builds...

Drew

P.S. - Any opinions on engine choices would be appreciated...I probably need to search the archives on FTE. I've heard that the older flat heads can be somewhat finiky to tune, unreliable, and like to overheat. A mildly hot rodded F1 with a reliable V-8, automatic transmission, and better ride would really be what my father would enjoy driving. Maybe even add A/C unit to it too. My initial thoughts are an engine conversion to a Ford small block (302 or 351), MII front end, and a Mustang live axle rear end.