View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 08:18 AM
jdmorg
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Atco Raceway anyone?

How many of you make it to the dragstrip in Atco? I'm always driving by there and stopping in the parking lot. I work nearby and take my lunches there. Sometimes, there are a few guys who have it rented out for the day, and I can catch a few runs. I've actually been lucky enough towards Nationals time to catch a few Top Fuel runs and once saw one of the Jet Powered funny cars do a practice run. It was awesome seeing it with like, 15 people tops. But about 2 weeks ago, maybe 3, a guy blew his Mustang up....white smoke everywhere. I think he made a good run just before too but I was just getting there.

I'd love to know if any of you guys are making it there...it'd make my lunch break. I'd bring something myself, but I'm thinking a 99 Altima stock ricer running a 20-25 sec. 1/4 mile might be the most unappealing thing in the world, next to my Bronco, which might actually be able to do it in under a day.

Let me know if you're making it out, or know of a buddy or someone else who might be making runs. It holds me over until I can start making it to the actual events again.