View Single Post
Old 04-14-2005, 10:39 PM
cowboywanabe
Posting Legend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DMAX-HD,

I recently moved away from Helena, Montana. I'm an IT guy (software development in Oracle, PeopleSoft, and mainframe). There are usually jobs in Helena, mostly related to State Government. I worked directly for the state (low pay, but good benefits and low stress). The last few years I worked for a couple different contract outfits. The pay was pretty good, but the stability wasn't. I found myself unemployed a couple times and decided to leave MT for more stability.

Anyway, a couple of the bigger contract outfits in Helena are Northrup Gruman, Bearing Pointe, Wesco, Taliant, and a couple others I can't recall. I also know that Boeing has some contract work at Malmstrom AFB in Great Falls.

My last contract was at the Montana Dept of Transportation. I really liked it there and was trying to get back into a state position... but things just didn't work out.

Feel free to drop me an email if you want any more details. I still have a few contacts there and might be able to get you some more details.

I really, really miss living there. I'm heading back up there in a couple weeks to get the rest of my stuff from storage... I'll probably shed a tear or two on my way out of the state. My wife hated it and is very happy to back in civilization as she puts it!

Good luck...

Rob