View Single Post
Old 04-11-2005, 01:26 PM
cigarxtc
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ya, the fishing licenses are $25 for residents this year. They added a $5 fee for some special projects for purchasing land for the next several years. Oh well, I guess that it's good for the future of Oklahoma's fishing and wildlife. I'm seriously thinking about saving up for the lifetime fishing license. I've spent almost half that in the 5 or 6 years that I've lived here with the regular annual licenses.

As for the lake get together; I'm partial to Skiatook Lake. I know that there are lots of campsites & picnic sites, boat ramps, and the water is clean and clear enough to swim in. Oologah, is going to be dirtier and I haven't found much for parking or camp/picnic sites. I know that Alice mentioned Claremoore Lake in another thread. That place has been much improved in the last couple years. There are lots of parking and picnic sites, jogging trails, nice playground for the little kiddies. The only downside is the lake requires a special seperate Claremoore lake fishing license and boat usage fees. And there is no swimming or wading allowed in that lake.