View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 07:33 PM
cowlady
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm finally back up & running!

Okay - 1st I need to apologize for my absence. I have 2 Compaq desktops & BOTH died. My original is toast - won't boot up except in safe mode. I'm giving up & replacing the hard drive & crossing my fingers. The computer that belonged to my Dad also bit the dust & I finally got a friend to fix it but still couldn't log on - it was a Compu Serve issue. Ended up needing to get 2 NEW copies of the software & here I am - FINALLY!
To add to the problems I'm having, my Mom was in the hospital & I was out again on Family Medical leave. I've almost used up the 12 weeks & now I'm worried if I need to take more time off there won't be any left. Then her Visiting Nurse service darn near caused her to have her legs amputated & they made SO many mistakes I complained to a VP & even made him come to the house to see how frail she is & detail the problems. I fired her nurse & got a different one who SEEMS competent. We'll see how this 1 works out. At this rate I may need to go to nursing school to take care of my Mom myself.
Anyhow, I am truly sorry for not being around & HOPEFULLY if the computer holds up I should be back for good. I don't care if I have to transport the darn thing to my Mom's every weekend just to log on!
I sure missed everyone! It's SO good to be back!