View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 07:44 PM
BigBlue88
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heck yeah, we get our own class! 5 racers or more, no matter what, we get a class! Classes will be shuffled around as neccesary on race day.

Saturday's deadline is for trophies. April 9 (race day) is the deadline for deciding if you want to race. Jenn wants to be able to hand out trophies the same day as the race. And we can always get printed certificates or something (Jenn also does graphic design/layout).

<b>Here's the skinny:</b> In the past, there was an event called the <b>American Iron Shootout</b>. It started out as a street-car only event, where regular people could race regular cars just like the pros. But the pros moved in, took it over, and then complained about the street cars. So AIS 2005 was cancelled and replaced with a regular test-n-tune (much to the insult of AIS fans!). Not willing to tolerate this, my friend, a big fan of AIS and her project supercharged V6 Firebird (www.firestorm98.com), has planned to show up with as big a posse of street cars as possible on April 9th, which is otherwise a regular test-n-tune day. She's setting up trophies and classes herself for the knock-off <b>American <i>Street</i> Shootout</b>, but anyone can show up on April 9th and race. Anyone who races is also welcome to attend the afterparty Saturday evening.

The more people who show up on April 9th, the better! (And really, you can bring import cars, too. They're just absolutely not eligible for a trophy.)

Street Shootout motto:
<i><b>Bringing the street... back to the track.</b></i> By force.

FTE Represent!

Last edited by BigBlue88; 03-03-2005 at 07:47 PM.