Old 03-02-2005, 11:13 PM
dragula
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best service department near central Alabama???

Hello All,
I'm just curious if any of you fellow Alabamians have any recommendations on a good Ford service department around Birmingham? Jim Skinner Ford in Centerpoint and Pell City Ford are the closest to me.
Several weeks ago I took my truck ('03 F350 6.0PSD King Ranch) back to the dealer for some warranty work. The dealer is located over an hour away from me and they really ***** me off! I won't mention the dealers name but they are located in Sylacauga.
They had my truck for a week, then I called them to check on it and they said it would be ready in 20 minutes. I said I would come the next day to get it to give them plenty of time to finish. I called them the next morning to see if I could come get it and their response was " Sure, Mr *** your truck is all ready to go and will be waiting on you". Well, that was BS! I got there and they were still working on the main repair that I had brought it in for and hadn't even touched the two other items on my work order yet. I sat around there for almost 5 hours waiting on it. Then, to make matters worse, when I got in the truck to leave the check engine light was on.....it wasn't on when I dropped it off to them. I was ready to go, so I just left with the light on and the truck had NO power on the trip home. When I got home, I disconnected the batteries and reset the computer. It's fine now.

Now I need something else repaired but I don't want to take it back to them.
Any suggestions???

Last edited by dragula; 03-02-2005 at 11:18 PM.