View Single Post
Old 02-28-2005, 04:33 PM
woodya651
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks Bart99GT, I thought the same thing, but it only knocks, at idle, rev, and under load. I would presume that if it were timing it would lope or miss, It only sounds like it is in the #1 cylinder..

However, When I get another chance to look at it I will pull the plug or (plugs) in the cover for the timing belt. Is it easily seen. Or will this require that I remove anything else? (i.e. hoses pulleys etc.?)

I am thinking of the "lack of spark issue" becasue of another engine I "repaired"...

I changed the spark plugs on an old 22r toyota and everthing went well. I have changed plugs on many things. SO after buttoning everthing up and changing the wires. I had a terrible valve racket. I immediatly ruled out the plugs and went on a "hunt" for this knock and slight miss, a week later and many hairs gone, I discovered that when you replace plugs be sure that even the slightest miss when installing new plugs, check them closley!!!! in fact re-gap them to be doubly sure, The #4 cylinder plug's gap was completly closed...... UGH What a PITA that was.

Thanks again for the thought. I will make sure to check the points on the gears. Are the supposed to be straight up and down at #1 TDC?