Old 02-25-2005, 02:54 AM
AmeriKen
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5.4L, #1 bank, right or left? I'm emotionally distressed and disoriented!

I went to Autozone to check my engine check light codes. I was told I had an O2 sensor on Bank 1, sensor 1 that was not working properly. I asked where is sensor one? He said it was on the left side. I buy an O2 sensor and put it on the left side -WRONG!!

It seems that the #1 bank on a 5.4L engine is on the left side of the engine when you stand in front of the truck and look at the engine. Unfortunately, I pitched a perfectly good O2 sensor in the trash and the next day was trash pickup. Therefore, I had to buy another $50 O2 sensor and put it on the left side of the engine which is on the right side of the truck!!

Now I'm confused and emotionally distressed. What is the left and right side? If I see a "NO LEFT TURN" sign, does that mean as I'm looking through the windshield driving the truck or does it mean as I stand in front and look at the engine?

If I am driving and go across the yellow line, will a policeman cite me for going left of center or right of center?

If I have to replace an actuator lever in my rear emergency brakes and the lever has "L" stamped on it does does it mean that I need to get a lever for the right rear brakes, because it is on the right side of the truck as I look at the engine?

I thought I would follow through with this with my doctor's appointment. I told my doctor that I has feeling tightness and pain in my left chest. He said I may be having a heart problem. I began to examine me, and I told him he was looking at my wrong side, it was the other side. He said then, it may be a gall bladder problem, but why did I say my left side? I told him it was my left side as he looked at me, and I thought it would help him in my diagnosis. Now, were both confused.

Maybe that's why our society is having so much trouble with orientations, perhaps we can't tell our left from our right, and male from female.

Any clarification out there in the cyberworld - I need some direction?