View Single Post
Old 02-22-2005, 10:29 AM
DCSpecial
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Most people I know only run B plates. The people with Ds up around here use their trucks for contruction or landscaping.....only a few personal trucks up here with D plates.

I have a '01 CC SWB 7.3PSD with a 8.5" lift and 38" tires, with me in the truck, a half tank of fuel, no stock spare tire, and a pretty empty toolbox mine weighed in at 8060lbs. Of course, my lift and tires add a little bit of weight....but it would still be easy for a stock truck full of fuel and passengers to go over 8000lbs, especially if their was some weight in the bed or if it was hooked up to a trailer. I do run B plates however.

The other thing to remember with D plates is that you'll need to get the truck safety inspected every 6 months.....if you don't have a current safety inspection sticker you can be ticketed and fined. Inspection cost varies by station....I pay $17 per truck or trailer that I take through the inspection station.

If there is a place close by that has a scale you could always see if you could take the truck to the scale to get an accurate weight.