View Single Post
Old 02-09-2005, 10:02 AM
Montana55
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
under warranty?

Originally Posted by Montana55
It will interesting to see what they say. I still think you should be covered if you're having the seal problem that was originally fixed out of warranty. Hopefully you won't have to fight them tooth & nail. I know that feeling from past experience & it's no fun. This latest reapair I just went through couldn't have gone any better. But, that was a result of having Kitty Van Bortel (the owner) on my side. I have been leasing Explorer's since 1996, so you could say I was pretty loyal to Ford, like yourself. When the lease ran out on the 02, I liked it so much I decided to buy it & keep it for awhile. Two weeks after I bought it the noise developed, got the bad news on the rearend, & needless to say, I wasn't a happy camper. (I'm out of warranty) That's when I approached Kitty & she got the ball rolling for me. I think being with Ford since 96 definitely helped my cause, but I'm convinced she was the major factor in the whole equation that kept this from being a major headache. Although I still like the Explorer's alot, my confidence in them long term isn't there anymore. Just seems to be too many problems with them lately. IMO, the QC at Ford is going downhill. Van Bortel gave me a great deal on a new lease (only lost a few hundred $ trading in the 02) so I'm back to leasing, which is where I'll stay. It works for me. I can't say enough good thing's Kitty Van Bortel & the dealership as a whole. Everyone should be fortunate enough to have a class operation like that in their area. Because of her, they are definitely not your typical car dealership.
Just wanted to correct a sentence in this post. The second sentence should read "I still think you should be covered, if you're having the seal problem that was originally fixed under warranty" Don't want to cause any confusion.