Old 02-03-2005, 07:43 AM
wnorman1192
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its funny the way that all manufacturers can seem to basically claim to be the leaders in the same categories. I think they will all last a long time, but I would like to see advertising claims somewhat regulated. I think there should be a single unbiased agency that verifies all claims before the manufacturer can advertise. All HP and torque claims should also be verified by taking a vehicle from the regular production line and running an engine dyno. Some are under rated and some are over rated, and I would like to know how they truly compare. Back to the topic at hand, it is possible that the Dodge HD could be the longest lasting trucks on the road, seeing that the cummins has something like 350k miles before first major overhaul (I would like to see that claim verified as well), and the trucks in general will all last a long time if maintained. I thought Chevy recently made the same claim, but they may have been referring to 1/2 ton trucks. There could also be something to Chevy's claim, as there has to be something that accounts for their high resale values. I guess it's all how how they look at the numbers.