Old 01-30-2005, 04:42 PM
el conquistador
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyford
As for what one post said:

"did you put the proper temperature t-stat in?

#3 the coolant is suppose to be changed every two years. have you flushed the system?

#4 do a compression check to make sure everything is sound"

I kind of ignored any of this. The parts store only had one listing for thermostats for this vehicle and it was the standard temp thermostat.

Coolant is NOT supposed to be changed every two years, yes you can change your coolant every two years if you want to waste money and time doing it. Coolant will last as long as 5 years or more as long as your cooling system is functioning properly. Prestone guarantees 5 years minimum for their coolant. I have known people who NEVER changed their coolant and NEVER had a problem. Whomever says your coolant must be changed every two years must work for one of the coolant manufacturers, lol.

I have no signs of lost compression, engine runs great, no loss of power, and no signs of anti-freeze mixing with the oil.
prestones website said
the extended life is suppose to last up to five years. the regular, change every year, for optimal protection. my ford manual says change coolant every two years. it does break down overtime.

for compression and t-stat, im just trying to help you rule things out.