View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 07:50 PM
68Crew
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Truck Project Help

Just bought a 1968 F-250 Crew Cab short bed 2 wheel drive. Six cylinder 4-speed. No power steering, no power brakes, no power windows, no power door looks, no a/c, 8 lug hubs and drum brakes. I hope you get the picture---plane jane county truck. It is a good solid truck with little rust---the worst being the two front body mounts for the cab. I want to trun this into a good street truck that is good enough to show at local events and is still a great driver. The end result Is I want a 428 or 429 motor, automatic trans, all power options, 4 wheel disc brakes, tilt steering with shifter on the colume, front buckets, center console, chrome front grill and bumber, would love to have wide street tires on the back and I hope you kind-of-get the picture of what I am looking for. I do not want a drag racing truck, I just want a truck that handles great, looks good and has some creature conforts so me and my family can enjoy it. Any help from a knowledge stand point on what may work, what don't work, do this instead of this idea and vender info would be a great help. Thanks Rodney
rskp@bellsouth.net I also need a fleet side bed for this truck.