View Single Post
Old 01-22-2005, 08:30 AM
superrangerman2002
Logistics Pro
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MBDiagMan
There are kits available that allow you to put the oil filter in a remote location.

I'm curious, however, why you revoved the driveshaft. If it were a two wheel drive vehicle it would be necessary, but with a 4WD, you simply put the transfer case in the neutral position and you are safe to tow.

That's one of the reasons that you see 4WD vehicles towed behind motor homes. They can simply put the transfer case in neutral without having to remove the driveshaft every time they want to tow it somewhere.

Good luck,
Doc
That may be true on older Ford 4x4s but on the newer ones you need to trailer because of the center disconnect in the front diff. It's covered in the owners manual.

I'm absolutely amazed that your oil filter got punctured!!! Is it located up along the engine block above kinda above the front diff, or is it located in the fender well area like some earlier fords were?

I really can't see how the filter got punctured if it was above and behind the front diff on the block as it is hard enough to change in it self!