View Single Post
Old 01-20-2005, 06:54 AM
86rustbucket
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for all of the input. Aces, your explanation seems to work the best to decipher the owner's guide. As I mentioned earlier, I have a 5.8, 3.55 rear end with a class III hitch. However, I decided not to risk the tow due to the fact that we got around 6 inches of snow yesterday... not the best conditions for towing a 6500 lb trailer (truck) with no trailer brakes.

Also, I had a heck of a time finding a trailer that would hold the truck. The truck's width is 79 in. Most tow dolly's can only support 75 in. max width. Also, the F350 Crew Cab, 8ft bed is one long truck. Wheelbase is 169 in. and overall length is 245 in. I figured that my best bet was to try to get the thing running and fall back on a tow truck if necessary.

Long story short, couldn't get it running (it's kind of funny how 7 degree air temp and 30 mph winds and 6 inches of snow can make working outside a bit of a chore!)

The interesting thing was that the truck barely fit on the flatbed that came to pick it up. The rear wheels were within 1 ft of the end of the deck.

Thanks,

Dave