View Single Post
Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 AM
R1ZOOM
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by me1mckee
OK, as promised I did set up my '04 Friday, but couldn't get on here to tell you all about it. Anyhow.... mine does NOT have the orange wire as the '05's do. The '04 uses a blue wire w/ yellow stripe as an input to allow throttle controls. When installing a PTO, a supplied relay closes the circuit between this wire and a signal input from the white wire w/ light blue stripe from the Body Builder customer access wires above the throttle pedal. This wire is the only loose wire hanging out of this bundle so it is very obvious, also the bundle is marked "customer access wires (see body builder book for instructions)". The blue wire w/ yellow stripe is a little harder to identify because there is a green wire w/ yellow or white stripe just beside of it coming from the same bundle. This bundle is immediately above the parking brake and also contains the customer access wires that pass through the firewall, so be sure to get the blue wire with the yellow stripe ONLY. When installing a PTO, like I said, a relay connects these two circuits when the PTO switch is turned on. However, all of our trucks have the wires and programming just not the hole in the tranny. If you use a simple toggle switch to close this circuit and have all other requirements met; park brake set, foot off brake and throttle, trans. in neutral, etc.... then turning this switch on will set your engine RPM's at 1200. So, I know this looks like alot, but really it took me all of 8 minutes and most of that was switch install and wire connecting. If I could post attachments I would give you some pictures, but alas I cannot. Hope this makes it easier and answers questions for us '04/'03 guys. Mat

thanks for the info, I will try wiring mine up this evening