Old 01-18-2005, 08:50 PM
Tomcat7742
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just got a spray in liner put in my truck

It took me a while to pick between getting Line X or Combat sprayed into the back of my truck. For any of you guys outside of the Tidewater area, Combat is a spray in bed liner produced by a company called Combat Coatings. It is very similiar to Line X, it actually looks the same if you don't have any logos or stickers.

After close examination of the way Combat was sprayed in and how much thicker it was compared to Line X I was leaning towards Combat. I talked to a lot of different contractors at work about which brand the preferred and quite a few told me that they had trucks sprayed with both and thought that Combat held up a tad bit better.

So on Monday morning I was waiting to go to the doctors and thought, hey I have the money to do it now, why don't I just go ahead and pick one and drop off my truck. Well I was looking at the websites for both companies and gave the guys over at Combat a call. They said that if I dropped it off by noon and they could have my truck sprayed and out by 4 that afternoon. I was like, _____ yeah! Let me go take out my plastic liner and I'll be up there asap.

I got all bundled up and went outside, took off my truck box and my plastic bedliner. I had taken off my bed liner during the summer and cleaned under it, the rust wasn't to bad just a couple tiny spots that I was able to clean up. Well this time it was obvious that the plastic liner had to go, the rust was spreading and it was now or never. So I took my truck to one of those Robo sprayed and scrubbed the heck out of the bed with the power washer and their brush. Once I got it all cleaned real nice it was ready to go over to Combat. The guys were awesome in there, I was actually just reassured to know that they were all truck drivers. Last thing you need is some sports car driving guy to be working on your truck next thing you know it's all jacked.

Well I went on to my doctors appointment and the doctor reassured me that I did have stomach flu so atleast I wasn't dreaming there. I showed back at Combat kind of early, they told me to come back while they were finishing up on my truck. The only thing I could do was want to buy these guys a beer. I've never seen such a beautiful bed liner, it had that wonderful gloss look and they had just lined it perfectly with my bed.

The really awesome part of the whole deal was, I got to talking to the owner and he told me that they had put a new formula on my truck. They had just gotten this new forumla from the chemists, just began to use it last Friday (1/14/05), which would guarentee that the bed keep that gloss look for atleast 3 years. The gloss on this bed is amazing, you can't really tell in the pictures but at night it's almost like a mirrior.

If your looking to get a bed liner I defenitly recommend Combat or Line X both are equals in my opinion.

I put the links to the pictures:
Uno & Dos

The pictures do not do the liner justice, you guys can see it at the next meet. I'm going to set one up for the begening of February.

- Chris