Old 01-17-2005, 10:14 AM
ranger240
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was going to ask if it were OK to go ahead and make the flyers, as to not get in trouble with FTE by possibly putting out "the wrong flyer". or does it make any difference?

My family and I went to the show at Mel Hamlilton Ford there in Wichita, and might I say, Rollie, you guys have a great thing going on up there in Kansas. I could only hope ro achieve the greatness you have for the Oklahoma chapter. Great bunch of people you have up there.

as of yet, I haven't seen anything on the oklahoma chapter that needs moderated, or atleast nothing I have seen here has come accross as offensive. That being said, I can see why one would think the mod isn't doing his job. Christmas and New Year hollidays have just passed as well, so that may be a reason for a month long hiatus. I would not worry about things going down hill, really.

I guess I am now the central area coordinator. I have started a local roster with names, and phone numbers. I would like to get the names and numbers of those in other regions as well to be able to get ahold of them should I be in their area while driving throught our state. I visit Tulsa and Owasso atleast 3 times a year, so we could get together for lunch or whatever, and have a face to face (nice to know who you are talking to).

anyway I think things will come together as needed. The Nissan club here in the city has about 50 ACTIVE members and as of yet there are no "Officers", but I see the need for it should anyone get very serious about getting things to take place. The biggest problem we have is procurement of a place to meet that will facilitate our group of people. The local Studabaker club gets permission to block off an area at Crossroads mall for their meets occasionally, this could be a possibility for a state wide event. There is also the Ford dealership on I-35 and I-240 they generally have a large open area in their parking lot, and could let us meet there. These places have access to interstates, and there are several hotels close by, one of which is brand new and right there in the parking lot of crossrads mall. there is a Texas Roadhouse steak joint right there as well. I will check to see if this could be a possibility and start a new thread about a possible event here in OKC.

Looks like things will be alright here. Brian, Tom, and myself are pretty devoted individuals (Okc's core group so far), and I see it going places.

sorry to go on ranting so long, I hope this will be useful in setting a goal, as stated.

_Ken