Thread: Who Do we Have?
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2005, 09:04 PM
2Northstars
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G'day to all

Hi. I purchased my first truck a few weeks ago, and I still have a silly grin on my face. She's a 98' F150 SCrew Lariat 4x4, burgundy with beige trim. 166,000km.

It's in what I would call a "below average" condition with lots of scratches and a couple of dents. The leather interior is in poor shape with a small tear on the drivers seat, and a good chunk of leather is ripped on the steering wheel. Mechanically, I'm in the process of having the following parts replaced: the lower ball joints, inner tie rod ends, rear brakes (shoes and drums), 2 emergency brake cables, all 3 flex lines, 1 gas tank strap, resistor for the heater fan speed control. And, the 4 way flashers, drivers side mirror signal light, both side mirror electric controls, and the licence plate light need to be fixed as well. Oh yea, and the tires are bald too.

Who am I kidding, it's in crappy shape! But I still love it. It's in the garage now, and I'm hopping to have it safetied and on the road this weekend. I haven't purchased new tires yet, but I'll have to do that to before the safety. I'm leaning toward a set of Wildcountry Radial APT (by Goodyear). A local tire shop will put 4 of them on for 590.00 out the door. Do any of you have this tire, or heard anything about them?

I'm originaly from Moncton, but now live near Truro, NS.

Cheers