View Single Post
Old 02-12-2002, 09:08 PM
Hillbilly1
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1983 351W engine problems

I unfortunatley HAD a 83 with the same kind of system on it aswell. But no darn more. I yanked all that sh-t out and put a points dist in for the time being. I thought I was the only one that had this POS, but it looks like others have been cursed aswell. I mean it got so bad, I put new plugs and wires on mine one time, I didn't think it I needed to write down the firing order, I mean heck it's a 351W right, WRONG! Look in all my manuals no help, call up the local Ford Dealer still no help, go to the local parts house pull out a rotor button for my truck, inside the box was a piece of paper with the Mystery firing order. I mean COME AWwn. What a POS! Finally get it running about 6 months later it starts acting up by losing fire just randomnly. Driving down the road and it would just quit. Called up the wife to come get me, left it for the night come back the next morning fires up just fine, it did this once more then finally everything just quit. That's when I junked all that crap and put in the points dist that's been about 3 wks ago. Haven't regretted it since.