View Single Post
Old 01-05-2005, 01:36 AM
Diesel Truck Driver
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NO! I won't do it! ......OK I have calmed down now. "I'm not totally worried about losing the chapter yet .... but, I think people who have joined, in each state, should start volunteering to be their state coordinator, secretary, etc. OR .. if there is no interest in participating it would sure be wonderful for people to let us know why or what we can do to generate more interest."
I just finished being training officer for our Search and Rescue squad for 4 years, volunteer fire dept. 2 years, and a year as president. I have learned to say NO. Nothing personal, but being a truck driver, I really do have less free time than most people who don't have the time. I also agree that the distances involved here are more than most people back east would understand. All part of what makes this part of the world so great to live in.
I have inlaws in Kalispell, and Billings, so my wife would be in for a (another) road trip. Our other family is at least 5 1/2 hours away one way, and we seem to do a couple trips a month, just a relaxing weekend of driving, after driving all week. That is in the small state of South Dakota!
I just looked it up, SD is 6,417 sq. miles bigger than ND, so we aren't the little guys here!
Not much else to say, just wanted to add a little activity to the thread to make FordLover a little happier!