View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 10:51 PM
WhiskeyMan
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey foud,

I hope Frobozz may have the answer, but I haven't confirmed it yet. I now have 1,500 miles, and can expect this action at least once a day. My dipstick is reading FULL, and I am considering letting a quart or so out, if this is possible. Think I'll order 13.5 quarts at my first oil change at the dealer, which is coming up soon.

Also, I read somewhere on these forums that there may be a flash out soon. But NOBODY is going to flash my truck without GUARANTEED results for this specific problem. Fortunately, I have a couple of good dealers to work with.

I am now frequently getting rough idle, and lots of blue smoke after the necessary revving after a cold start on a regular basis. Occassional engine hesitation and slight bucking/hesitation while in gear as I previously described. This seems to be a minor problem, and should be an oil level or computer or sensor problem, given this engine is in it's third year.

Other than this situation, this is a FANTASTIC truck!!! I can't wait to get up and go to work in the morning just so I can drive it!!! This is my 5th F-250 since 1987, and all have been great trucks. I'm confident that my present problems will be resolved.