View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 09:37 PM
big6-87bronco
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One of my friends bought a used ford truck from Barton Ford in Suffolk and has had nothing but problems trying to get it fixed there. He has also been to Beach Ford trying to see Tom Barton or one of the other Barton's with no luck at all. They always seem to be gone and the service managers don't know squat. I personally think that he needs to see a lawyer.

I have been to the parts dept at Barton Ford and I got a sending unit float even though the parts guy tried to sell me the whole sending unit saying that they did not sell "just" the float and I had to talk to one of the mechanics that knew a little about parts and he knew right off hand the part number to give the parts guy.

I also asked him about the little plastic fuel line clips that I knew Ford did not make anymore and he actually had the nerve to tell me I would have to go to the junkyard to get some! I knew that any parts store like advance or napa carries them but I never thought he would say something so stupid. I guess Ford will not let him recommend any other parts store to people or something.

Needless to say I personally have had alot better experience with Blake Ford in Franklin. Their parts dept seems to be more experienced and usually have more items in stock than Barton.