View Single Post
Old 01-02-2005, 02:10 PM
semperfipsd
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8 to 10 lug conversion

I did a quick search but didn't seem to find anything recently. I will be in the market for new tires this coming spring and thought I had decided to go with BFG's but I hadn't ruled out the new Trxus tires due to their very high load rating specs. I think I like the Trxus tire a little better but don't know much about the craftmanship or reliability of the Interco company. You can't go wrong with the reputation of BFG. Of course if you are buying new tires new rims only seem logical! But I found a great site about converting the 8 lug to 10 lug to except Alcoa big rims and tires. Very intersting site and man do the rims and tires look COOL!!! I had seen this done on dually's but not on SRW but they even can do it on SRW. The site talked about the big rig tires handling heavy loads better, letting the PSD be in the sweet spot 1800-2000 rpm range due to much bigger size of the tire at hwy cruising speed (aka better fuel mileage/less engine wear), tires wearing alot LOT longer, etc. So, any comments on doing this or have done this would be greatly appreciated.