Old 12-28-2004, 07:08 AM
Ken aka Savage
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Howdy Pop's Bronco, the term Bobtail is applied to the short wheelbase minimal rear overhang rigs such as the early Bronco, Toyota Landcruiser Hardtops (90" wheelbase), Jeep CJ-5 (83") Jeep CJ-7 (93") The early pre '70 Stout Scout even the littls Suzuki SJ410 could qualify... .
That's cool, if your '77 looks like your grandfather's '66 & '75 Bronco's then indeed you have one of the last Bobtails. There are a couple early bronco's still in action up here in Grande Prairie, have chatted with a few of the owners, but they have never come fourwheeling with me yet. I know there is one guy in the NA4wdA who runs one of the ugly early stout Scout's, wouldn't be surprised if there are a few early Bronco's among the 60+ members. Because I am so far away I only get together with the other NA4wdA members infrequently. Keep an eye open around Edmonton, you may be surprised by the # of 4wd's you see wearing the black diamond of the NA4wdA... . Feel free to drop by my Jeep'n homepage & look through the local fourwheeling photos (link from my profile).