View Single Post
Old 12-25-2004, 05:04 AM
Ol Rudy
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for reply...I am going to have another go at it after the 25th....warming trend.

As mentioned..not mine (I have an 83 300cid with a carb!) so I am breaking new ground here. I was also wrong on the year...it's a 96 and it does not have a distributor.
About a week and a half ago I started this thing for him by using a heat gun to warm the intake..it had then been sitting for 3 days and was 20 degrees.

I am going to try and get that Idle Air Control valve off...some posts indicate it can be a problem. Maybe it's stuck OPEN...too much cold air therefore too lean a mix. This is the model that has a fuel relay also...am gonna swap those around (there's 3. same number. control different things)

Starter bums me out..was good, he musta toasted it with too much cranking...I said solenoid...no, must be the drive that kicks out. So I have to get this thing warm and to start on a couple of cranks.

Auto trans...no bump start. grrrrrr

He is going to sell/trade this off. Good. Doubt he will get much as it is a 2wd...nice body BUT 140m and obviously needs some money thrown at it.

Last edited by Ol Rudy; 12-25-2004 at 05:11 AM. Reason: spelling