View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 02:03 AM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Activity or death of a chapter??

Gentlemen,

If a chapter is not kept active, and not just through posting, the life and longevity of this chapter may not be much longer.

I have tried to organize ... and failed, evidently. No one appears to have an interest in forming individual state organizers and leaders for their state chapter of the High Plains Drifters. Chapters require participation and meets. This is not happening.

There are several alternatives.
1. Disband the Drifters and form individual state chapters. ( They still require participation.)
2. Start talking to your fellow FTE'ers from your state and see if there is enough interest to keep this chapter going. If there is an interest, I suggest that some volunteers step forward for state coordinator, secretary, treasurer, etc.
3. Elect another Chapter Leader. Maybe someone else can do more than I have to get people to participate...and be more successful. If this occurs, I will continue to maintain the Drifters store, not that many have shown any interest in it anyway. The calendar has been the big seller...and most of them aren't even from the Drifters.

These are the only choices that I can see....short of just kicking back and letting another chapter get a big padlock on the outside. It's up to you guys to do something now.