View Single Post
Old 12-21-2004, 12:52 PM
jvmcc
Laughing Gas
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
MustangGT & Hubs,
It's nice to hear from a few folks. When I reviewed some of the N.E. Chapter posts, I didn't recognize many of the names. I've spent most of my time here @ FTE asking questions about old trucks on the 1948-1960 truck sub-forum. I've gotten so much useful information off this site that I did the membership thing. FTE offers space for a website with membership, so I figured I would try it out. I've never really thought about a website before this, let alone try to put one together. I worked on it last Sunday, and got it started. I'm hoping that I can get all the stuff that I've learned from FTE and consolidate it in one place.
I'm relatively new to automotive stuff as recreation. Before I started in on restoring my '53, mechanics for me had always been born out of financial necessity. Anyway, if you ckick on the "FTE member" scrpt written in blue next to my avatar, you'll be directed to the beginnings of my site. (The Artichoke thing relates to the name of my design practice....I'm thinking that I'll get rid of most of the references to it, since I don't intend to use FTE server space to promote my business.) There's one photo of the truck somewhere in Texas a little more than 26 years ago. I recall we drove through El Paso. The photo is along I-10 someplace west of that.
My gallery photos show some of the work that I photographed, as well as the primitive shop conditions I'm working in. My goal is to have the thing ready and on the road by next Fourth of July. It's way too cold to work in the barn, but I'm still doing stuff piece by piece by carting it up the road to my house where I can do stuff like upholstery and engine stuff in my studio.
Look forward to talking to you guys later, jvmcc