Thread: Propane Kits
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 11:30 PM
89ford73
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey, does anyone know exactly if when you push the throttle. does the timing advance or retard?? i can't see any way it would advance the timing. the pump turns to the right. the "advance lever" is on the right side of the pump. it pushes the lever to the right on top when you mash the gas. the lever is hinged in the middle and gets pushed to the left on bottom, this turns the internal rack-ring inside the ump to the right. if the pump runs to the right, and the lever pushes it to the right more when the pedal is to the floor. that means that the timing is being retarded when the pedal is on the floor. retarded timing. right or wrong. why is the pump retarding the timing and would it run any better if you made it advance the timing instead of retarding it???? i could be all wrong.
and i will try putting more holes in there. my tube i don't think is long enough to put 12 holes in it! do i put 6 in the front and 6 in the back? it definately makes more noise, but thats it. do your trucks make more noise clatter like when you hit the propane?