View Single Post
Old 11-30-2004, 11:21 AM
bremen242
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fordCourier
A single 40# tank, as far as I know is only about 8 gallons of propane. I am unclear about the relationship between the # and gal. numbers but AFAIK you divide the # rating by 4.3 (lb per gal. of LPG) to get the actual gallon capacity. Then, allow for expansion knock off 10-15% from that figure to get your average fill in gallons.
that is about what I figured.. 7-8 gallons.. that is why I was going to carry 2 tanks. Either that, or I was going to fit a bigger round DOT tank, but that might be easier said than done. I've been looking into it, and AFAIK as long as you have DOT tanks, and you have than in open air, you are good to go.

Originally Posted by fordCourier
I am curious though as to this lease arraingement. I hear that you can find decent tanks off forklifts at industrial slavage yards for good prices. State inspections is another thing altogether. Currently I live in a county with no inspections and the State Patrol recently gave up inspecting vehicles brought in from out of state so I never had my rig looked at.
I'm still waiting for a call back.. She said it might be a couple days.. they said new tanks are only $109.00 a piece for 33# tanks (I'm sure 40# tanks are $5000 dollars a piece for the extra 7#).