Thread: How long?
View Single Post
Old 11-25-2004, 01:11 PM
F2504x4
Lead Driver
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Fastronald
We in the Illinois Chapter have set our Officers terms as one calendar year. In this manner interested members may "run" for office and take an active role in our future. Should no one decide to "run" for a particular position then the current officer would continue.

Fastronald - Illinois Chapter Leader.
I tend to agree with this, but that person should be an active member of FTE and the chapter for a least 60 days or more. but it should also be left up to each chapter on how it should be handled.
Also a "vice president" so to speak for lack of a better title, should be added in case the current leader needs to step down during his current term for one reason or another, inorder to have some fill an unexpected vacancy.

And another issue that needs to be addressed is the handling of chapter funds. it needs to be set up that any "funds" that are collected are to be placed in a bank account with books being kept and two or more signitures be required to withdraw any funds for chapter events. i can be more specific on the details of how it should be handled, if any one is interested in this.

Also a set of chapter bylaws needs to be devoped governing all chapters.

These are just some of my own thoughts on things...