Thread: My Ideal Truck
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2004, 07:27 PM
NeoCowboy
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up My Ideal Truck

Hi guys, I've talked to a few of you about that I need a new truck, so rather than explain what I'm looking for a million times this might be easier, and if you run across one send me a PM or email where I can check it out.

What I would really like from a truck is a full size 4x4 with manual trany and transfer case. And it has to be able to get down the road alright since I like to drive across the state about every month to month and a half to see my family. I'm looking for something older, 96 at the newest, I like the bodies better and the 300 fits in there. I'd like to get one with a 300-I6 for the low end torque and reliability of that engine, but at this point I just want a 351 or smaller since I can't seem to find a 300. I'm not sure if I want EFI or carb but I guess I will just take what I can get. The EFI will be better for off-road beucase of tilt angles and gas sloshing around. Carbs are easier to work on, which is the reason for the manual trany & transfer. As for the rest of the truck I'm not too picky, I'd rather get a cheaper truck and put the work into it to make it my own but I wouldn't mind buying a truck that already has a good setup.

So thats what I'm looking for, if anyone sees something for sale that fits the bill send me a PM. I want to stay in the rules of the forum so please don't just post your adds here.

Thanks,
Ethan