View Single Post
Old 11-06-2004, 01:04 AM
mc73454
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wish you luck in your quest.I just bought my '88 F150 a month ago.It came in as a trade on Friday night and I bought it Saturday morning.Now,mine has some rust and a dent on the passenger side,but I use it as a daily driver occasionally and mostly as a farm truck for the wife's horses. I was looking at a 94 F150 for $4995,but it was only 2WD and way too nice for the way I wanted to use it.
The reason I brought my truck up is the salesman told me the "newer" older trucks sell,but the "older" old trucks get snapped up in a big hurry 'cuz guys want to use them for what they were built for; haulin' stuff without worrying about denting or scratching it up.There was 1 other guy looking at the truck I bought.He wanted it for a hunting truck and I wanted a farm truck.I'd like to get a newer shiny truck,but I would be so paranoid about "breaking" it I'd go nuts,especially with the horses and my two boys.
There are some good lookin' trucks down this way,but I guess it would depend on what you thought was a reasonable price and how far you wanted to drive.I'm about 3 1/2 hours from you.
I apologize for rambling,just wanted to throw my nickel's worth in.