View Single Post
Old 11-05-2004, 06:57 AM
jowilker
Fleet Owner
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts
Originally Posted by cowkicker59
I am new as a econoline owner as well as being new to this site. I posted in the "61-67 ford trucks" but was asked to leave there and come here. Guess I can't play with the "big boys"! My question is this; I have a 63 econoline P/U, would raising the chassis help with swapping out the original motor to a larger one? This truck is still completely stock, I am weighing the options of keeping it stock or modifying it. Anyone have any input? Thanks!

Dennis
Dennis, While todays E series is built on truck technology, your's was not. You were directed here to better serve you. Jim is a great asset to this forum, and very knowlegable on the subject. You can count on him

Originally Posted by Father Chuck
i recently bought a 63 van with a chevy 350 and 700r4 tranny in it

it was done proper and looks like it belongs there some modifying to the bonnet had to be done as well as the rear of the cab floor runs great tho all the suspension and everything is stock under it

by the way dont say CHEVY motor in a ford truck too much around here as i think it gets your topics locked or maybe they get locked cause noone knows the answers

im looking for a good streetrod/hotrod website so i cna gain some answers on the subject of subframing the front.

Chuck, You'll have to forgive us, BTW Welcome to FTE
We get folks registering to use this site only to stir up hate and discontent, with pashionate truck owners. This is the #1 Ford truck site on the WWW, and only deals with Ford trucks. Other than directing you to another site, I don't know how we could help you.

John